Want to get involved with Hope Squad
or suicide prevention?
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Contact your local Hope Squad and ask how you can help.
- Raise money for your local Hope Squad.
- Encourage a local school to start the Hope Squad program.
- Donate to fund new Hope Squads, support existing Hope Squads, and advance Hope Squad research.
- Become QPR trained and encourage your company, faith-based group, or other affiliations to be QPR trained.
- Join an AFSP or NAMI chapter.
- Start a social media campaign to promote suicide awareness and mental wellness.
- Organize a suicide awareness walk.
- Volunteer with a local crisis lifeline.
- Organize a fundraiser and donate to a mental health organization.
- Hand out flyers or cards with suicide prevention resources.
- Check in with someone you haven’t talked with in a while.
“We can put boots on the ground, eyes in the hallways, ears out there in the room.
I said, ‘Sign me up, I absolutely want to do it. This is where I need to be.’”